Baxbu is committed to processing personal information about its customers in ways that comply with its legal and regulatory obligations, and to being clear with customers about what it does with their personal information.
Baxbu is the provider of baxbu.com. This Policy explains how we use any personal information we may collect about you when you use our websites; or when you use or are a recipient of our services.
Personal information that Baxbu may collects about you
Baxbu may collect personal information which we receive when:
- you use our websites (including baxbu.com)
- you use our services
- you contact us or
- you are a recipient of our services.
This may include information:
- you provide where you
- o one of our forms or receipts,
- o contact with us.
- o enter information on a Baxbu website
- o contact Baxbu directly in writing or by phone or;
- • which is recorded on mail or parcels sent to you via a service that is tracked by Baxbu.
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, address, email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details
- information required to provide you with a service, and details of our services that you have used
- your company’s name, your position in the company; the company’s address, company’s email address and telephone number
- your payment information such as credit or debit card details
- information collected through your use of Baxbu websites. Please see the Cookies Policy on each of websites for more information.
- details of any enquiry or complaint you make to Baxbu
- information about the mail or parcels sent to you via a service tracked by Baxbu
- your information when signing for receipt of a parcel or letter.
Why Baxbu collects personal information
Baxbu collects your personal information to:
- provide you with products and services that you may request from us or selected third parties
- provide other customers with products and services
- enhance or improve customers' experience of our products and services and our websites
- improve and develop our services
- protect security e.g. to check your identity when you use our services
- develop and provide products and services, on our own and with third parties, for the purposes of identity verification and fraud prevention. Such products may be used to prevent and detect fraud against you, Baxbu and/or third parties
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations.
If you call any of our customer service telephone numbers, or are contacted by us by phone, we may record your call. These recordings are used for training and quality control to ensure that we continuously monitor and improve our customer service standards.
How Baxbu collects personal information
- directly from customers: e.g. when a customer signs up to receive our services or registers on a Baxbu website,
- from third parties who use our products and services e.g. information recorded on parcels sent to you by a third party,
- from third parties e.g. when we get authorisation for a payment you make or when undertaking an identity check.
- when products or services are provided together with a business partner and the information is collected by the business partner in order for Baxbu to provide you with the product or service.
Baxbu collects personal information:
Who sees the personal information that Baxbu holds
Customers’ personal information may be provided to:
- Baxbu departments.
- Details of our operations & websites can be found here: www.baxbu.com/our-businesses Opens in new window
- Selected third parties
- where customers have indicated they wish to receive information about products, services or promotions that may be of interest to them.
- where services are provided together with a business partner and it is necessary to disclose the information to them in order to provide the services
- for the prevention of fraud against Baxbu, third parties and customers
- for the purposes of identity verification
- to prevent money laundering
- where products and services are provided to third parties by Baxbu e.g. for the purposes of identity verification and fraud prevention, and it is necessary to disclose information to them in order to provide the service,
- Other third parties (including the police, law enforcement agencies, credit reference and fraud prevention agencies and other bodies) to protect our or another person’s rights, property, or safety e.g.
- to exchange information to protect against fraud and to reduce payment risks
- in connection with the prevention and detection of crime.
Disclosures of personal information required by law
Baxbu may be required to disclose certain personal information because it is required by law or for the purposes of legal proceedings.
If false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is identified, details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information.
We and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities
- Recovering debt
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance
- Checking details of job applicants and employees
We and other organisations may access and use from other countries the information recorded by fraud prevention agencies. Please see below for details of how to contact us if you wish to access your personal information or details of relevant fraud prevention agencies.
Transfers of personal information outside of the UK
Baxbu may need to transfer personal information about customers to third parties located outside the UK. If we do, we will ensure that information is protected to a level which meets the requirements of UK law.
Keeping personal information secure
Baxbu is committed to keeping customers’ personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
How long we keep personal information
Baxbu will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation.
Keeping personal information accurate
Baxbu will ensure that personal information is kept accurate and up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, Baxbu relies on customers to ensure that some of the information it holds about them is accurate and up-to-date. We encourage customers to inform Baxbu of any changes to their information (e.g. by updating your account details on Baxbu websites).
Access to personal information
Baxbu provides customers with access to their personal information and the opportunity to amend and update their details or preferences (including consent to receive marketing communications) in order to keep the information up-to-date and accurate.
- Information provided through baxbu.com
- You can see the information you have provided to us through the registration process by accessing the ‘My Account’ section of the Baxbu website (including www.baxbu.com). You can also use this section to change or delete this information including any consent you have provided to receive marketing communications. To do so, click on ‘Change registration details’.
- Please note that there are some consents on our websites that are specific to individual services. These will be identified to you when you sign up to those services. These are independent of the registration process and currently cannot be changed through the ‘My Account’ page.
- Requesting a copy of your information
- You can request details of personal information Baxbu holds about you, including on our websites’ databases, by contacting our Information Rights Team. See ‘How to contact us’.
- Requests must be made in writing and there is a 10GBP/15USD fee for each request. Proof of identification is required in order to protect your information. We also require sufficient details to be able locate your information. For example, dates and details of the websites, products or services that you have used. An optional application form may be provided to assist us in locating the information you require.
- from Baxbu about our products and services by choosing not to opt-out on your registration form for a Baxbu website or service.
- from Baxbu about its similar products and services where you provide your details in the course of purchase or negotiations for the purchase of a product or service.
- from third parties about their products and services by choosing to opt-in on your registration form for a Baxbu website or service.
A customer may allow Baxbu to provide them with information about products and services that Baxbu, or third parties Baxbu has selected, which may be of interest to them. Baxbu will only do this where a customer has agreed to receive such information. You agree to receive marketing information:
The marketing channels used may include all means of communication e.g. email, post, phone, SMS text message and other electronic means. If electronic channels are to be used this will be specifically stated when we collect your details.
Changing your marketing preferences
You can change marketing preferences at any time through our websites (including www.baxbu.com). However, if you have provided information to Baxbu through another channel, the use of that information will not be affected by the opt-ins or opt-outs you select on one of our websites.
You can change your preferences for receiving marketing communications through the ‘My Account’ section of the Baxbu website.
If your information has been passed to third parties you may need to contact them if you change your mind in relation to their continued use of your information.
You can request changes to other marketing consents provided to Baxbu by writing to our Information Rights Team (see ‘How to contact us’).
Cookies are text files placed on your computer when you use a website. For details of Cookies used by Baxbu websites, including targeting or advertising cookies, please refer to the Cookies Policy on our websites (including www.baxbu.com).
Links to other websites
Baxbu websites may include links to other sites. We will make every effort to provide links to high quality, reputable sites but are not responsible for their privacy practices, site content, or the services they offer.
How to contact us
Customers with queries or complaints relating to products or services provided by Baxbu can contact Baxbu Customer Services for assistance:Baxbu Customer Services
For requests, complaints or queries relating to the use of your personal information please contact our Information Rights Team. To contact the team please write to:
Information Rights and Governance Team: Baxbu 13-5 Freeland Park Wareham Road Lytchett Matravers, Poole BH16 6FH Email: [email protected]